Thursday, June 24, 2010

On the Move!

Sarah had her nine month check-up yesterday. Dr. Nail said all is well and her development is excellent. Sarah weighed 16 lbs 15 oz (25%), her height is 28 inches (75%), and her head circumference is 17.8" (90%). We've noticed over the past month that Sarah is cutting her two front teeth, but Dr. Nail said one more on either side of those will be here soon too. That'll make six teeth total here shortly!

I told you she'd be in the hallway before long! Sarah is still not getting her stomach off of the ground, but let me assure you that is not preventing her from getting around at all. This morning, she was on the floor in the living room. I was in the kitchen putting away dishes, and Rusty came in the room and asked, "Where's Sarah?" She had made her way near the fireplace and next to the tv. I'm telling you, she's on the move!

Sarah is laughing at Shiner in the other room.

This has become a routine here lately; Sarah goes straight for her books when I put her down in her room. Of course, she'll take out each one of them. Sometimes, she'll start talking to them, which is pretty darn cute.

Sarah has been playing with tupperware, but I brought out the pans the other day. She had fun, but she really didn't get it. After a few minutes, she just wanted to put the pot handle and wooden spoon in her mouth instead of making some music. I tried to show her how it's done, but I guess I'm not that entertaining...

I had to include this picture because this is something Sarah has been doing lately. When it started, it was rather cute, and both Rusty and I would egg her on. The other day, I decided it was no longer cute when Sarah would not stop doing it in her highchair while I was trying to feed her. It's really hard not to bust out in laughter when I'm trying to tell her to not do that at the table, but I'm working on it.

Sarah's second cousin, Jaiden, and the family came for a short visit on their way to watch Zach play some baseball in Nebraska. We went out to the lake to fish and grill some hamburgers. Jaiden was all smiles for the camera, but Sarah was too interested in the toys to even look up at me, much less give a smile. They are only a week a part from each other, so they enjoyed hanging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment